Following the success of our Social Enterprise ‘Lite’ Competition, in which we awarded 6 Try It Awards worth £500 each, we’d like to inform you that:
The Social Enterprise Competition is NOW OPEN and we are welcoming entries
- Are you currently working or studying in The University of Manchester or a recent graduate?
- Is your idea likely to benefit the public or community, or be an entrepreneurial solution to a social or environmental problem? If so, then we are keen to hear from you
- The idea does not need to be overtly technology based or a commercial idea. We want to discover as broad a range of entries as possible
The competition is open to all The University of Manchester staff, students, and recent graduates (graduated within the last 12 months).
- Competition opens Monday 21st January
- Competition closes 5.00pm Friday 24th May
From February onwards applications will be reviewed and awards made on a monthly basis so apply early to increase your chances of success!!
Try it Award: Funding of up to £500, for individuals to try out their ideas. This might mean finding out if their idea is viable, learning more about what is needed and trying the project on a small scale initially.
Do it Award: Funding of up to £5,000, with an average award size of £2,500, allowing individuals to grow an entrepreneurial idea. Do It Awards are for individuals that are confident their project will work and have the basic skills to do it.
Visit www.umi3.com/social_enterprise_competition.htm to apply and to find out more about the competition.