UMIP Fellows Programme – Information Day
Thursday 28th July 3.00-4.30pm
Joule Suite, UMIC Innovation Centre, Core Technology Facility, Grafton Street, M13 9NT
Are you a full time postgraduate student registered at The University of Manchester and have; –
- An interest in technology transfer and intellectual property commercialisation, and/or prior experience in business or commercial environments?
- A commitment and availability for up to 4 hours per week to undertake paid project work?
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to adhere to deadlines?
- Enthusiasm to gain valuable business-related experience to enhance your CV?
If you can answer yes then register now for the UMIP Fellows Information Day to understand more about the programme and how you can get involved
UMIP is a division of UMI3 which captures and manages intellectual property on behalf of The University of Manchester. We commercialise exciting new inventions and ideas from research via licensing to existing businesses or by setting up new “spin-out” companies. We are recruiting a number of high calibre student researchers to become UMIP Fellows to work in their spare time alongside UMIPs Commercialisation Executives to undertake a range of time critical short project assignments.
Our UMIP Fellows Programme is now in its fourth year and is modelled on the similar, highly successful Columbia Fellows Programme run at Columbia University in New York. Typical project assignments will include:
- Conducting scientific, market or prior art and patent research and analysis in order to inform decisions relating to patenting of inventions
- Assessing new inventions for commercial viability
- Writing technology summaries for marketing
- Identifying potential licensees or investors for new technologies
Successful Fellows will receive structured training from UMIP staff and in order to complete assignments, and the opportunity to participate in enterprise training from the Manchester Enterprise Centre. We expect that Fellows will be starting their 2nd year of PhD study in a STEM related discipline, and will be able to commit to the Programme for at least one year.
To find out more about the UMIP Fellows Programme, our aims and expectations, the entry criteria and the assessment process, register now: https://umipfellowsinfoday.eventbrite.co.uk
We look forward to seeing you on the 28th July.