University of Cambridge IfM: Open Innovation Forum Food & FMCG Pitching Event – Amsterdam, November 2017
Senior leaders from major food and FMCG firms such as Mars, Heineken, PepsiCo, Suntory and General Mills are holding a pitching event for innovative companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups and university spin-offs. These companies, who are members of the Institute for Manufacturing’s Open Innovation (OI) Forum, are seeking new solutions to their business challenges, so you have the chance to pitch to them at an event hosted by Heineken and held on 16 November at the Heineken Experience, Amsterdam.
The 6th Food & FMCG Innovation Pitching Event is open to all individuals, research centres and companies of all sizes and levels of maturity. Up to 15 researchers, innovators and technology developers will be picked to pitch their ideas to a panel of key decision-makers and ‘innovation scouts’ from important food and FMCG firms (see full list here). However, all proposed pitches will be circulated to OI Forum members, whether they are shortlisted or not.
Ideas presented should specifically address one or more of the Forum’s business needs identified in the ‘Innovation Needs’ list and may fall within one of the following categories:
- Marketing and business models – including consumer insights, social media, digital marketing and new business models.
- Packaging – including interactive packaging, customised and novel packaging and materials.
- Ingredients – health, food safety, preservatives and synthetic biology.
- Manufacturing – including customisation, batch-of-one and novel food processing.
The event is free to enter and winners will receive a certificate and trophy, as well as the chance to present their ideas and products in front of senior leaders and decision-makers whose main job role is to scout for and acquire innovation and technology from outside their organisations.
The deadline for requesting a pitch is 20 October 2017. The most promising entry submitted by 30 September from an individual, start-up or SME will receive funding* towards transport costs to Heineken Experience in Amsterdam.
For more information and to enter the competition visit: http://www.ifm.eng.cam.ac.uk/events/oipitching17/
* Up to a maximum of £250. Further information on terms and conditions will be available from the event organisers.