Since its inception in 2004, UMIP has assessed over 3,500 invention disclosures, created 38 spin-out companies and 34 social enterprise spin-outs, staff start-ups and assisted student start-ups. We have also brokered over 2,300 licenses and assignments.
UMIP builds positive working relationships with a wide range of entrepreneurial individuals, innovative companies and groups with complementary skills and resources. By working in this way, we leverage the specialist domain knowledge and expertise necessary to build world-leading companies and form synergistic technology development collaborations and partnerships. We call this our UMIP Associate Network and always welcome new expertise of relevance.
We are constantly refreshing our project portfolio and evolving our network. If you belong to any of the following categories and would like to join our Associate Network, please join our Innovation Commons.
• Investors – business angels, Venture Capital and private individuals
• Entrepreneurs – both commercial and socially oriented
• Companies both SMEs and Corporates – with an interest in technology and innovation
• Consultants and Managers – focused on early stage technologies
• Alumni of The University of Manchester
• Open Innovation, In-Licensing and Technology Scouting roles