Express Licensing – Healthcare Tools
What are we looking for?
Healthcare Tools are developed in a number of key research areas across the University and are protected by copyright. The most common type of tools are Clinical Outcomes Assessments (COAs) which are used to collect information about patients to assess the effectiveness of clinical interventions from the viewpoint of patients, careers or clinicians.
- Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs)
- Observer Reported Outcomes (ObsROs)
- Clinician Reported Outcomes (ClinROs)
Other Healthcare Tools include intervention manuals and other copyright materials in printed or electronic media (e.g. video).
What are the benefits to Manchester researchers?
- copyright protection advice
- dissemination to clinical & academic collaborators via Click2Go (www.click2go.umip.com)
- commercial and academic licensing options
- download statistics and customer information
- click-through links from publications & personal webpages
- licensing to trusted distribution partners like Oxford University Innovation
- increased use / validation / clinical adoption through wider dissemination
- revenue share where licensed to pharma / private healthcare
- research impact