The Manchester Academy for Healthcare Scientist Education (MAHSE) www.mahse.co.uk is currently developing a new funded career development programme, which will offer healthcare scientists in the North West region the opportunity to become further involved in research and innovation focused projects. More than £250,000 will be available through the programme to enable research projects carried out in conjunction with a Higher Education Institute, commercial enterprise or research active service laboratory or department. The programme will be formerly launched later in 2015.
In order to develop the programme to meet the requirements of the North West, MAHSE is looking to build a North West Healthcare Research Directory. The directory will identify active healthcare scientists and research trends in the region, and will help MAHSE to:
- understand how research and innovation is developed in the Healthcare Scientist setting
- identify current innovative projects involving Healthcare Scientists
- identify centres of innovative activity
- develop relationships with research and innovation champions within the Healthcare Scientist community The output from this project will enable MAHSE to learn from examples of good practice and develop a community of interested and active researchers with which they can engage with through the funded career programme.
We need you!
We are looking for healthcare scientists who are currently involved in innovative research activities outside the remit of their normal day-today role to complete a short survey. The survey, which should take approximately 10 minutes, will help us to identify:
- where innovative research activities are being undertaken
- in what disciplines
- by whom
- whether commercial or academic partners are involved
COMPLETE THE SURVEY NOW
Weekly prize draw
Each week one person who has completed the survey will be selected at random to win a £50 Amazon gift voucher. The draw will take place on Friday afternoons whilst the survey is open and winners will be notified using the contact details provided.
Your area of research can fall anywhere on the healthcare research spectrum, from Life Sciences through to Physical and Physiological Sciences. Your data will only be used internally by MAHSE and will not be shared.