The University of Manchester Sensing Systems in Healthcare (Sense-Health) initiative has some resource to support new activities which will lead to further research grants and collaborations in this interdisciplinary area.
Potentially fundable activities might include funding to travel to European meetings to build Horizon 2020 bids, consumables to generate preliminary data, funding to conduct a literature review, or covering the costs of inviting a new external collaborator to Manchester. However, this list is not exhaustive and we will consider any applications, which demonstrate a clear pathway to a funding bid.
We invite University and MAHSC colleagues to submit a 2 page max application, using the following headers-
- Principal investigator (name, job title, affiliation, email address)
- Activity to be covered by the funding
- How much do you need? (Typically applications in the region of £2,000-3,000 will be considered- larger amounts will require exceptional justification)
- What new research proposal (to an external funding scheme) will this lead to, and in what timescale? (Please include details of the funding body and deadline you intend to submit to)
- Who else (from UoM, MAHSC or externally) will be involved?
Please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 15th August. Applications will be considered by the Sense-Health academic leads and other academics as appropriate.