Monday 26th June 2017
12.00pm -1.30pm (inc. buffet lunch)
Joule Suite, CTF Building, Grafton Street
Come along and hear about the different ways in which the intellectual property arising from your research can be protected, and the routes by which this can enable huge commercial, social or health impacts to be secured. Engage with an expert panel of lawyers, patent agents and business development executives to find out:
- How and why patents are used as a tool to create economic value from research.
- After filing a patent application what comes next?
- How to decide whether impact should be secured through a new company, or under license to existing companies.
- How to work with the confidentiality requirements
- of the patenting system to ensure your publication record is not affected.
- Other mechanisms to protect your intellectual property, beyond the patenting system.
- How a REF impact case can be built from exploiting intellectual property
Please register here
The Panel consists of:
Impact Coordinator (UoM)